Superheroes and villains have not only taken over film and television in recent years—they’ve also spurred a phenomena within the tattoo industry. Whether the reference image is taken straight from comic books or the big and small screens, fans from around the globe have adorned their bodies with imageries of their favorite superheroes and villains—creating yet another category of tattoo styles and themes. The theme is so relevant now that tattoo artists are now even setting up shop at comic cons around the world to tattoo comics fans in their favorite environment.
Whether it’s a tattoo of Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel, a cool half sleeve of the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man, or a portrait of Jack Nicholson as The Joker, comic book fans are showing their penchant for their favorite characters and storylines through body art in a major way—sometimes dedicating entire sleeves and back pieces to their favorite characters.
For your viewing pleasure, Ink Latino scoured the ‘Gram to find 15 of the most badass superhero- and villain-inspired tattoos created by some of the most talented ink slingers in the game.
1. Batman by Aitor Jimenez (@aitorjimenez_tattoo)
2. Apocalypse by Darwin Enriquez (@darwinenriquez)
3. Wonder Woman by Kenneth “K-Bar” Restrepo (@tattoosbykbar)
4. The Hulk by Juan Pajo (@juanpajo)
5. RoboCop by Alex Bruz (@alexbruz)
6. Green Arrow by Alonzo Villa (@alonzovilla)
7. Spider-Man by AB Ink (@ab_ink)
8. The Joker by Roman Abrego (@romantattoos)
9. Deadpool by Carlox Angarita (@carloxangarita)
10. Iron Man by Carlos Rojas (@crojasart)
11. El Chapulín Colorado by Yomico Moreno (@yomicoart)
12. Bane by Fred Tattoo (@fred_tattoo)
13. Venom by Rich Pineda (@richiebon)
14. Captain America by Javier Eastman (@javiereastman)
15. Superman by Nikko Hurtado (@nikkohurtado)